We are aware that many people are frightened of the dentist and avoid dental treatment altogether. Here at Chalfont St Peter Dental Practice we always aim to treat nervous patients in a calm and sympathetic way, to ensure they can overcome their fear of the dentist to achieve a healthy smile.
How we can help
- Your first visit will be an examination, so this will give you a chance to get to know your dentist
- We are happy for you to bring a friend to your appointment if this will make you more comfortable
- You can bring a personal stereo to listen to music if you think this will help you to relax
- We will agree a sign with you, so that if you need a break or want to stop at any point we will do so. This can be as simple as raising your hand, but will help you feel more in control
- We will be understanding and promise to listen to you carefully
For severe dental phobic patients, IV sedation can be used to allow patients to have dental treatment without fear. The sedative is administered through a vein, and starts working almost immediately. You will remain conscious so that the dentist is able to work easily, but you will unaware of the treatment.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at the practice and our team will be happy to help.